Most users ever online was 166 on 2016-10-25, 11:39

The most tagged members

BSOD errors making computer unusable

Duke007

帖子数 : 4
    注册日期 : 2017-08-26

BSOD errors making computer unusable

Post by Duke007 on 2017-08-26, 13:32

I am getting bsod errors about every 30 minutes. The error messages include "Kernel Security Check Failure" and "KMode Exception Not Handled" as well as several others. I am ready to start over.
    1. Does the computer have a recovery partition that can be used to reinstall everything?
    2. I see various downloadable links online for firmware, drivers and BIOS. How do these relate to reinstalling Windows 10?
    Is win10 installation included in the GPD firmware update?
    3. Can someone walk me through the steps to reinstall everything? (something like a procedure list)
    a) delete windows???
    b) update BIOS
    c) install GPD firmware
    d) update drivers?

Thanks for any and all help.

starkruzr

帖子数 : 10
    注册日期 : 2017-09-15

Re: BSOD errors making computer unusable

Post by starkruzr on 2017-09-15, 03:03

I get these too. I was getting them a lot, and then reinstalled Windows via a Microsoft ESD and then installed the GPD drivers. I have had one Exception Not Handled since then, shortly after installing it, and haven't had another since. The fact that you're having the same issues makes me think it's a driver issue and not a hardware failure -- I have run CPU and memory tests without problems. Strangely, the longer I have the machine running, the fewer BSODs I get. I have no idea what this means.

starkruzr

Post by starkruzr on 2017-09-15, 03:04

I should note that I installed the Intel graphics driver because the GPD one refused to install. You may want to try this.

Duke007

Post by Duke007 on 2017-09-15, 09:26

Did you install Windows from USB stick( what is Microsoft Esd). I have a win10 installation disc. Did you have to change Bios setting first? Did you install updated Bios also?

starkruzr

Post by starkruzr on 2017-09-15, 19:21

Yes, from a USB stick which I created with Microsoft's media creation tool -- that is called an ESD. I did install the updated (unlocked) BIOS.

Duke007

Post by Duke007 on 2017-09-17, 09:11

Starkruzer - I got the bios updated and installed windows via ESD. Tried to install the GPD drivers but screen says drivers are not as current as those already installed. My screen appears in portrait mode only. Is the Intel graphics driver you mentioned what I need to rotate the screen? How did you locate the proper driver to install? Thanks for the help.

starkruzr

Post by starkruzr on 2017-09-17, 09:13

There is actually an Intel Driver Update Utility: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24345/Intel-Driver-Update-Utility I used that. Rotating the screen 270 degrees after that was just a matter of going into graphics properties. In fact, I think you can do that while you're initially using the Microsoft software graphics driver.

starkruzr

Post by starkruzr on 2017-09-17, 09:14

Also, today I had one more BSOD: INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR. It seemed to be related to plugging/unplugging the power to the USB-C port. I may have to ask GeekBuying for a replacement unit :-/

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2017-09-21, 23:14