Log in

I forgot my password

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» GPD Pocket Windows 10 not detect USB flash drive
Today at 12:16 by omeechao

» Hello i search driver of gpd win
2017-12-15, 01:49 by Ide

» Factory reset
2017-12-12, 12:31 by ha×°®

» linux image and keyboard question
2017-12-11, 16:35 by ungutknut

» GPD Pocket screen fails to turn on
2017-12-11, 14:46 by TonyHeher

» GPD Pocket Micro HDMI
2017-12-11, 07:07 by Admin

» Full-featured BIOS & Linux on Win10 version
2017-12-06, 06:56 by Admin

» Windows 10 Home Activation Key
2017-12-06, 06:51 by Admin

» Battery Life has shortened
2017-12-04, 08:05 by Admin

Top posting users this month
Admin
 
ha×°®
 
Goggles
 
rpm755
 
walwyn
 
Ide
 
TonyHeher
 
omeechao
 
ungutknut
 
netwho
 

Top posting users this week
omeechao
 

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]


Most users ever online was 166 on 2016-10-25, 11:39
The most tagged members


GPD pocket, cant boot

View previous topic View next topic Go down

GPD pocket, cant boot

Post by hup333 on 2017-09-15, 14:14

I tried to update the bios, and by accident turn the device off
Now the device can't boot
Just black screen

hup333

帖子数 : 21
注册日期 : 2017-09-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GPD pocket, cant boot

Post by hup333 on 2017-09-15, 17:26

Any way to make a key press, and install a new bios from a usb flash drive?
Like in some laptops, that have a recovery

hup333

帖子数 : 21
注册日期 : 2017-09-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GPD pocket, cant boot

Post by starkruzr on 2017-09-15, 19:24

This is hard to recover from. You may have to return it and have GPD JTAG it.

starkruzr

帖子数 : 11
注册日期 : 2017-09-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GPD pocket, cant boot

Post by hup333 on 2017-09-15, 19:30

starkruzr wrote:This is hard to recover from. You may have to return it and have GPD JTAG it.

I hope there are some kind of recovery to install a new bios from a usb flash drive

How much will it cost for get GPD to JTAG it?
And what about my device condition?
I had only used it for 5 min

hup333

帖子数 : 21
注册日期 : 2017-09-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GPD pocket, cant boot

Post by starkruzr on 2017-09-15, 19:33

hup333 wrote:
starkruzr wrote:This is hard to recover from. You may have to return it and have GPD JTAG it.

I hope there are some kind of recovery to install a new bios from a usb flash drive

How much will it cost for get GPD to JTAG it?
And what about my device condition?
I had only used it for 5 min
I saw you post in Reddit about that possibility -- as someone else noted, the money and physical footprint of an internal flashing chip like that is significant. It's unlikely GPD included that functionality.

If you return it to them for repair, it's likely they'll just ship you a new device, keep this one and charge you for the cost of replacing the BIOS chip -- maybe $50-100 USD? You'll have to contact the people you bought it from.

starkruzr

帖子数 : 11
注册日期 : 2017-09-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GPD pocket, cant boot

Post by hup333 on 2017-09-15, 19:36

starkruzr wrote:
hup333 wrote:
starkruzr wrote:This is hard to recover from. You may have to return it and have GPD JTAG it.

I hope there are some kind of recovery to install a new bios from a usb flash drive

How much will it cost for get GPD to JTAG it?
And what about my device condition?
I had only used it for 5 min
I saw you post in Reddit about that possibility -- as someone else noted, the money and physical footprint of an internal flashing chip like that is significant. It's unlikely GPD included that functionality.

If you return it to them for repair, it's likely they'll just ship you a new device, keep this one and charge you for the cost of replacing the BIOS chip -- maybe $50-100 USD? You'll have to contact the people you bought it from.

Sounds ok, I just pay for a new chip, and get a new device
I wait for the store to replay

I just hoped i could find any recovery help

hup333

帖子数 : 21
注册日期 : 2017-09-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GPD pocket, cant boot

Post by Admin on 2017-10-18, 09:58

Only return to the factory, please email to kendyz@gpd.hk
avatar
Admin
Admin

帖子数 : 185
注册日期 : 2016-04-08

View user profile http://forum.gpd.hk

Back to top Go down

Re: GPD pocket, cant boot

Post by hup333 on 2017-10-18, 11:32

Admin wrote:Only return to the factory, please email to kendyz@gpd.hk

I did send facebook, twitter message, skype, and a email
Never heard back

The store got back to me in a few hours, and i got a new Pocket

hup333

帖子数 : 21
注册日期 : 2017-09-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GPD pocket, cant boot

Post by Admin on 2017-10-23, 05:54

hup333 wrote:
Admin wrote:Only return to the factory, please email to kendyz@gpd.hk

I did send facebook, twitter message, skype, and a email
Never heard back

The store got back to me in a few hours, and i got a new Pocket

Please email to kendyz@gpd.hk
avatar
Admin
Admin

帖子数 : 185
注册日期 : 2016-04-08

View user profile http://forum.gpd.hk

Back to top Go down

Re: GPD pocket, cant boot

Post by hup333 on 2017-10-23, 12:09

The store got back to me in a few hours, and i got a new Pocket

hup333

帖子数 : 21
注册日期 : 2017-09-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GPD pocket, cant boot

Post by Admin on 2017-10-31, 03:15

hup333 wrote:The store got back to me in a few hours, and i got a new Pocket

sunny
avatar
Admin
Admin

帖子数 : 185
注册日期 : 2016-04-08

View user profile http://forum.gpd.hk

Back to top Go down

Re: GPD pocket, cant boot

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum