帖子数 : 10
    注册日期 : 2016-10-29

To the GPD Team: Two things that really need to get fixed

Post by nex86 on 2016-10-29, 14:33

Dear GPD team.

There is two things that bother me at the moment,

Turning on while the charger is plugged in:
    It's not possible to turn on the GPD Win while the charger is plugged in,
    it will turn off after showing the battery status, no matter how long you hold the power button.
    You have to unplug the charger every time you turn it on OR have to restart it.
    This is very annoying, especially when doing bigger Windows updates or installing drivers.

Fan turning off when using an external display in single mode:
    I also want to use the GPD Win as a mini PC on a big monitor, but when I select the external monitor as a single monitor with the internal display turned off, the fan will turn off as well.
    I'd rather want the fan on and running while having the lid closed to prevent overheating..

Is it possible to get these things fixed with a firmware update?

Thank you.

Karen_zhou

帖子数 : 47
    注册日期 : 2016-11-22

Re: To the GPD Team: Two things that really need to get fixed

Post by Karen_zhou on 2016-11-24, 07:48

nex86 wrote:Dear GPD team.

There is two things that bother me at the moment,

Turning on while the charger is plugged in:
    It's not possible to turn on the GPD Win while the charger is plugged in,
    it will turn off after showing the battery status, no matter how long you hold the power button.
    You have to unplug the charger every time you turn it on OR have to restart it.
    This is very annoying, especially when doing bigger Windows updates or installing drivers.

Fan turning off when using an external display in single mode:
    I also want to use the GPD Win as a mini PC on a big monitor, but when I select the external monitor as a single monitor with the internal display turned off, the fan will turn off as well.
    I'd rather want the fan on and running while having the lid closed to prevent overheating..

Is it possible to get these things fixed with a firmware update?

Thank you.

For your first question, I'm afraid turning on the machine while the charger is plugged in is not possible. You need to unplug it, turning it on
    and plug it back in later.

Regarding to the second question, the fan of the GPD Win will not be turned off while using an external display, unless you have the lid closed.
    Because the initial design logic of GPD WIN is Hall switch. This can not be solved by updating the firmware. So we suggest you to turn the lid on
    while using the external display.

Current date/time is 2017-08-22, 20:50