GPD掌机官方论坛

讨论GPD系列掌机 XD Q9 Q89 G7 XD等

Log in

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» USB 3.0 problems.
2017-04-19, 13:18 by rzm

» A very tiny laptop (7-inch)
2017-04-17, 00:25 by nocpu

» Where to get in HK/SZ
2017-04-06, 04:37 by ssafff

» Improved Linux support for the GPDwin
2017-04-02, 02:14 by ArchiMark

» User's ideas for GPD Pocket : About Ubuntu(Linux) Support
2017-04-01, 15:17 by hansdegoede

» State of Linux support?
2017-04-01, 15:17 by hansdegoede

» Will GPD WIN benefit from GPD Pocket Linux?
2017-04-01, 15:16 by hansdegoede

» Linux on the GPD Win
2017-04-01, 15:12 by hansdegoede

» gps-unit inside?
2017-03-28, 11:44 by jriemens

Top posting users this month

Top posting users this week

Who is online?

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None


[ View the whole list ]


Most users ever online was 166 on 2016-10-25, 11:39

The most tagged members


    Improved Linux support for the GPDwin

    Share

    hansdegoede

    帖子数 : 7
    注册日期 : 2017-02-25

    Improved Linux support for the GPDwin

    Post by hansdegoede on 2017-04-01, 15:13

    Hi,

    I'm a Linux kernl developer who recently has started playing with the GPDwin and I've written quite a few kernel patches to make Linux work better on the GPDwin, if you're interested in running Linux on the GPDwin, see:

    http://hansdegoede.livejournal.com/17445.html

    for more information and some step-by-step instructions for getting Linux with my kernel to run on the GPDwin.

    Regards,

    Hans
    avatar
    ArchiMark

    帖子数 : 20
    注册日期 : 2016-11-07

    Re: Improved Linux support for the GPDwin

    Post by ArchiMark on 2017-04-01, 22:50

    hansdegoede wrote:Hi,

    I'm a Linux kernl developer who recently has started playing with the GPDwin and I've written quite a few kernel patches to make Linux work better on the GPDwin, if you're interested in running Linux on the GPDwin, see:

    http://hansdegoede.livejournal.com/17445.html

    for more information and some step-by-step instructions for getting Linux with my kernel to run on the GPDwin.

    Regards,

    Hans


    Hi Hans,

    Wow!

    You've done a lot of work, thank you for doing this and sharing all the helpful info on webpage.

    You got the display rotated correctly when using a window manager?

    Per my earlier posts, that's part that I had a lot of difficulty with, it would crash when trying to rotate.

    When I have some time will try to follow your instructions. I will need to downgrade BIOS verson first.

    Mark

    hansdegoede

    帖子数 : 7
    注册日期 : 2017-02-25

    Re: Improved Linux support for the GPDwin

    Post by hansdegoede on 2017-04-01, 23:12

    Hi,

    Yes using the gnome desktop environment + a recent iio-sensor-procy the display rotates to match the orientation of the device.

    Regards,

    Hans

    hansdegoede

    帖子数 : 7
    注册日期 : 2017-02-25

    Re: Improved Linux support for the GPDwin

    Post by hansdegoede on 2017-04-01, 23:14

    p.s.

    As long as you don't need the UB-C port device mode the 20161118 BIOs will work fine too. Make sure your machine is fully charged before doing the BIOS downgrade.
    avatar
    ArchiMark

    帖子数 : 20
    注册日期 : 2016-11-07

    Re: Improved Linux support for the GPDwin

    Post by ArchiMark on 2017-04-02, 02:14

    hansdegoede wrote:Hi,

    Yes using the gnome desktop environment + a recent iio-sensor-procy the display rotates to match the orientation of the device.

    Regards,

    Hans

    OK, thank you for clarifying.

    So, if I understand correctly, you installed Fedora and gnome on your WIN and most things are working OK.


    hansdegoede wrote:p.s.

    As long as you don't need the UB-C port device mode the 20161118 BIOs will work fine too. Make sure your machine is fully charged before doing the BIOS downgrade.

    Actually, I only use the USB-C port for charging. Use the USB port with a hub to connect other devices. So, don't really need to do the downgrade as you say.

    Thanks.

    Regards,

    Hans

    Sponsored content

    Re: Improved Linux support for the GPDwin

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is 2017-04-26, 02:14